February 2016 Prayer Letter
Dear Praying Friends,
Productive Christmas TripThanks to family and friends who purchased our tickets, we were able to make a trip to the US over Christmas. It was a blessing to see people we hadn’t seen in a couple years, as well as take advantage of many opportunities to minister.
In addition to preaching opportunities in Ohio, Georgia, and at the Our Generation Missions Summit in Tennessee, I was able to record 15 Spanish sermons in our home church’s television studio, Lighthouse Global Studios. These will soon broadcast throughout Latin America. Pray that the Word would have free course and be glorified!
During our month-long absence from the work in Colombia, several of our men stepped up to preach & to make sure the services ran smoothly. They did an excellent job, and we returned to find that our church had even grown by a few new families!After only a year and a half since we began our church, it is humbling to see how God has blessed in our ministry. We are seeing well over 100 people attending Sunday services, as well as another 100-150 children & teens in our Bible clubs on Saturdays. People are getting saved, they’re excited about discipleship and they’re growing in their walk with God. They are getting grounded in the Truth. God is working in great ways in Colombia! We invite you to come and see for yourself, and to pray for more laborers for other cities where there is still no Bible-preaching witness.
Training MenA principle part of our ministry philosophy is that of investing in faithful men who can teach others also. We find this model throughout the whole Bible, and clearly worded in 2 Timothy 2:2. Since the beginning, my prayer has been that God would give us men for me to pour my life into. Well, in February we officially began a Bible Institute for this end. Twelve men have committed to training, all with a calling and desire to preach the Word. God is calling. Men are responding. Christ is being magnified.
From The Mouth Of BabesDuring Christmas, we overheard a deep theological conversation between Amira, our 5-year-old and her cousin Conner, also 5 years old. Amira: “The Holy Ghost is God.” Conner: “No, the Holy Ghost isn’t real!” Amira: “Yes, she is!” 🙂
Praises & Prayer Requests
- Vehicle. Praise God for the funds that have come in for this need! Thanks to those who have given. Lord willing, we will be purchasing something in the weeks to come. Pray that we can find the right vehicle, and that all paperwork will go smoothly.
- Mission Trip. We are expecting a mission team from one of our supporting churches toward the end of March. Pray that God would work in and through them. If you would like to line up a trip, just get in touch and we can work something out.
- New believers. There are several people who have recently believed on Jesus for salvation. Pray as we help them grow in grace and truth, and for others to be saved.
- Church growth & plans. This year we are focusing on training men and furthering our discipleship development, as well as opening a mission church on the outskirts of town. The enemy is not happy, as we have had some spiritual attacks lately, but the Light is always stronger than darkness!
- Financial Support. With the ministry growth and family growth, we could use at least another 5 monthly supporters. Would you pray about partnering with us as we continue to lift up Jesus and his Gospel to the Colombian people?
Love In Christ Jesus,
Aaron & Aubrie Vance
(along with Amira, Anabel & Aris!)
02-2016 prayer letter
Posted on February 11, 2016, in Church Planting, Colombia, Family, Praises, Prayer Letters, Prayer Requests and tagged Baptist, Bucaramanga, Children, christianity, Church Planting, Colombia, Evangelism, Family, God, Ministry, Missionaries, Missionary, Missions, Praises, Religion and Spirituality, South America. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.