• Wednesday – Sunday of this past week was spent in Zachary, LA at Grace Baptist Church. I don’t know of many other churches that are so given to missions! What a blessing it was.
• On the way to Louisiana last week I was able to stop by Pensacola Christian College in FL to see my brother Zach. He’s a music major in his 3rd year there… love that guy!
• We’ve picked up two new supporters (and a couple other “hopefuls” as well!) over the last two weeks. I believe this puts us right at 50% — Praise the Lord!
• Iglesia Bautista El Faro, the Spanish church we started in GA celebrated their 6th anniversary last Sunday. It really killed me not to be there, but I was told that the Lord really blessed in a great way! The Lord is doing such a great job through Pastor Alfonso.
• Hell’s Gates, an outreach event at our home church, has also gone very well. My pastor told me today that 84 people have made salvation decisions so far this month! If you haven’t been yet and live anywhere near Georgia, you should definitely make plans to go. There are only two weekends left. Let me know if you have any questions.
• IN THE NEWS: Please be praying for Colombia as they begin peace talks with the FARC rebel group today in Norway. This has been a highly anticipated event that has brought many mixed feelings amongst Colombians. May God’s will be done.
• PAST POST TO CONSIDER: Colombian Fruit
• FROM THE WORD: “As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” 1 Peter 4:10
• Some pictures from the week:
Thanks for keeping up with us. We’d love to hear from you… just comment, message or email us to let us know how we can pray for you. May God bless!
Over the course of 7 sell-out evenings, more than 3,500 people walked through this outdoor reality drama depicting the end times. Many of these people left eternally changed. All of these people left challenged.
This October, you will have a chance to experience that same heart-pounding, thrilling journey of Biblical proportions. If you live anywhere near Atlanta or North Georgia, you MUST plan to be there. Bring a friend. Bring your family. Bring your church. You don’t want to miss it.
In anticipation of larger crowds, this event has been expanded to 11 nights. For detailed information and to buy individual or group tickets, visit: http://www.hellsgates.com/
If you are not able to attend, please pray that God does a magnificent work for his eternal glory.
Ever since I can remember, Vacation Bible School has always been one of my favorite times of the year. From the awesome Bible stories, memory verses, fun songs, prizes, skits and more, it’s always such a blast! Please be in prayer for my home church as they kick off their annual VBS tonight at 7 PM.
It is always humbling to think of so many kids coming into the church and hearing the Gospel clearly for the first time. Pray that everything will go smoothly. Pray for all the counselors as they work with the children that are being dealt with. These children’s eternity is at stake!
May God move in their hearts.
May the Holy Spirit convict them of their sinful state and need for Christ.
May all their trust be placed in what Christ has already done to pay for that sin.
May Christ be magnified, glorified and exalted above all else!
Dear Pastor, Partners and Praying Friends,
We sure have been blessed by the Lord’s goodness! The past couple months have been amazing and busy as we have started full-time deputation. My last day of secular work was May 6th, and he has continued to provide for us over and over. Our travels have taken us around GA, OH, TN and SC. We’ve met many new friends and were encouraged by the desire of several of them to partner with us financially. I have been doing my best to work at least 8-10 hours per day calling pastors to fill up the rest of our calendar for deputation. We know God has the meetings we need. Please pray that He opens the right doors for us.
I was recently able to preach a Spanish church fellowship hosted at the church I started in Dawsonville, GA. It was great to see our good friends and see that the work there has even grown! They’ve seen several saved and baptized, and had more families join the church. It’s great to know that Christ is still building His church.
Out Of The Mouth Of Babes
Amira (who is 14 months old) was sitting with Aubrie the other day while I was calling pastors downstairs, and she kept saying and signing “more dad, more dad, more dad.” Now, if that doesn’t make you want to take a 10-minute daddy-daughter break, I don’t know what will! ☺ She’s growing well, talking to anybody who will listen, and even starting to potty train! (That tidbit is for all the ladies out there).
Colombian Culture Corner
Colombia, just like many cultures, has quite a few sayings and idioms. One of these is “¡Del dicho al hecho hay mucho trecho!” (Translation: From what’s said to what’s done, there’s a big gap. Basically, it’s the same as our saying: “Easier said than done”). How true!
1. For more meetings to open up for deputation
2. For safety on the road as we travel to many different states this summer
3. For financial support to start coming in (now at around 10%)
4. For God to start preparing hearts in Colombia to receive the Gospel when we arrive.
5. For more people to surrender their lives to take the Gospel to the world. How about you?
For Christ and His Glory,
Aaron Aubrie and Amira Vance
“According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.”
Dear Friends and Family,
Merry Christmas from our family to yours! We love celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. It really is because of HIM and His saving grace that we do all that we do. This letter will give you a brief update about our family, our ministry and our trip to Colombia. If you’d like to stay even more connected with us, please visit our website and blog at: http://www.BeMagnified.org.
Amira is growing like crazy (they tell me that’s what babies do). She will be about 9 months old by the time many of you will get this letter. She’s saying all sorts of baby words (including the most important “mama” and “dada!”), and she’s learning how to get around pretty well. We also had a great time visiting my brother Zach at Pensacola Christian College with my family over Thanksgiving. He is a freshman there.
Things continue to go well at Iglesia Bautista El Faro (the Spanish Church in Georgia that I pastor). In October we worked a booth for 10 days at the County Fair where quite a few from our church turned out to help distribute literature and witness to people. We later celebrated our 4th Anniversary and the Lord blessed in incredible ways. In December we hosted our first Annual Family Conference with Ronald Tubillas preaching in three special services. I believe this upcoming year will be the best yet at El Faro.
Our upcoming survey trip to Colombia, South America is less than 2 months away! We have our tickets and are extremely excited to finally see this land that the Lord has called us to. God has miraculously provided most of the funds needed, and he has used many of you to do this. If you would like to have a part in sending us to Colombia, there’s still a chance. We still lack about $700 and every little bit helps. You can make a check out to Lighthouse Baptist Church and mark it “Vance Colombia Trip” and send it to the address below. This gift is tax-deductible. Also, please be praying for the people of Colombia during this time. They’ve had an unusually strong rainy season this year that has left over 1.7 million people homeless throughout the whole country and 223 souls have died. The need is great! Thank you, and may God continue to bless you and your family.
May Christ Be Magnified,
Aaron, Aubrie & Amira Vance