Category Archives: Colombia
Hey friends! There has been much going on lately in the Vance family household. God has been good (what’s new there?!) and we’ve been enjoying each minute. This post is simply to get you all up to speed on some amazing recent events… (I alliterated it for my preacher friends, so bear with me).
The past week was both exciting and exhausting as I was privileged to teach a 14 hour modular class at the Our Generation Training Center on Evangelism & Leader Training in Catholic Cultures. God really blessed as we went through the Master Plan of World Evangelism and some of The Gospel According to Rome. I’d definitely recommend both of these books if you are serious about both learning how Jesus trained leaders to reach the world, and how to deliver the Gospel to those that are close yet still depend on works.
My family and I will leave Monday morning to spend a week with teens and college students from around the country at the OG Student Leadership Camp. I was at the very first camp that was held 9 years ago just before I spent 6 months in Peru preparing for the mission field. The camp helped me tremendously as I was able to get around missionaries that were getting the job done in reaching people and training men. It was encouraging to see how God was using other young men, and now I’m able to return on the other side of that equation. Please pray that God works in the lives of the many teens and singles that will be there. God has a plan for each of them. Pray that some are saved, some are called, and all would be surrendered to God’s will for their life!
This Sunday our little Anabel turns 1-year-old! It’s crazy how time flys by. It seems like just last week that we brought her home from the delivery room. It seems like just yesterday she was starting treatment for her tumor (which is doing fantastic, by the way), and it seems like a few minutes ago she was an infant. Now she’s trying to talk, walk (she’s getting close!) and she’s growing up into a little lady. Wow… We joy in the fact that God has entrusted our children to us, and we take very seriously our responsibility to shepherd their hearts and guide them through their childhood years toward knowledge of, and commitment to, Christ.
In our last prayer letter I mentioned that as of right now, it looks like we’ll be moving to Colombia in November. Well, that is becoming more of a reality each day! Our support continues to steadily rise (at 79% now!), and our setup fund needs are being met, little by little. We just received the girl’s passports this week and will be getting our religious visa for Colombia very soon. Here’s the challenge: Would you pray that everything goes smoothly in these last few months? There’s much to do, still some money to raise and lots of traveling to do on deputation between now and then. Secondly, would you pray that God would send more people to Colombia? The need is great. The laborers are few! If we were to plant a church for every 50,000 people, we would need at least 940 churches throughout the country! Maybe God would have you to come and help us.
We love y’all and would love to hear how things are going in your lives. What can we pray for you about? Keep your eyes on Jesus… He’s coming soon, we must be busy in the work he has left us to do. God bless!
Dear Pastors and Prayer Partners,
I am amazed at the Lord’s goodness to unworthy people like us! Consider the fact that we were once the enemy of God (Colossians 1:21), and now he has made us his representative and ambassadors (2 Corinthians 5:18-20)… His grace sure is rich!
We have been blessed on deputation. For a year and a half, God has kept us safe, provided for each of our needs and allowed us to see people saved along the way. We have truly enjoyed each moment! Through your faithful prayers and giving, the Lord has now provided over 77% of our needed support! We are thankful to have added quite a few new partners since our last letter, and we only need a handful more churches to join us before leaving for Colombia.
With our departure nearing (November, Lord willing), we are now in the process of getting our setup fund ready. We will be purchasing tickets very soon, along with getting our passports and visas all set for our move. If your church or Sunday School class is interested in giving to this project, contact me by phone or email or send donations to our mission board and mark the check “Aaron Vance – Setup Fund.” For a list of specific items we will need to set up our home in Colombia, please check out our website: www.bemagnified.org.
From The Mouth Of Babes
Our 3-year-old Amira was talking to my Mother-in-law the other day who told her that she missed her a lot and was crying for her. Amira quickly gave comfort by saying, “It’s OK Mamaw, don’t be sad. God is here!” It’s amazing to see her picking up on spiritual truths like these.
Colombian Culture Corner
There are two words that are often heard in Colombia when people want to say something is “cool” or “neat.” Those words are “chévere” (CHEH-beh-ray) and “bacano” (bah-CAH-no). If something is really cool and you are feeling particularly adventurous, you can put those words together. Now, isn’t that chévere bacano?
- For several that we’ve seen saved recently
- For others to trust Christ, here and far away
- For our support & setup needs to be fully funded by this November
- For God to prepare hearts in Colombia even before we arrive
- For God to raise up more laborers for Colombia
- For the Our Generation Camp at the end of May
Thanks again for your constant prayers and financial support. We love you and pray Christ’s best for you. Also, we’d love to hear from you to know how things are in your life & ministry.
Serving the Worthy King,
Aaron, Aubrie, Amira & Anabel Vance
We serve a risen Savior! Thanks for keeping up with us as we take the Gospel message to Colombia.
[If the above video doesn't show up click here]
• Wednesday – Sunday of this past week was spent in Zachary, LA at Grace Baptist Church. I don’t know of many other churches that are so given to missions! What a blessing it was.
• On the way to Louisiana last week I was able to stop by Pensacola Christian College in FL to see my brother Zach. He’s a music major in his 3rd year there… love that guy!
• We’ve picked up two new supporters (and a couple other “hopefuls” as well!) over the last two weeks. I believe this puts us right at 50% — Praise the Lord!
• Iglesia Bautista El Faro, the Spanish church we started in GA celebrated their 6th anniversary last Sunday. It really killed me not to be there, but I was told that the Lord really blessed in a great way! The Lord is doing such a great job through Pastor Alfonso.
• Hell’s Gates, an outreach event at our home church, has also gone very well. My pastor told me today that 84 people have made salvation decisions so far this month! If you haven’t been yet and live anywhere near Georgia, you should definitely make plans to go. There are only two weekends left. Let me know if you have any questions.
• IN THE NEWS: Please be praying for Colombia as they begin peace talks with the FARC rebel group today in Norway. This has been a highly anticipated event that has brought many mixed feelings amongst Colombians. May God’s will be done.
• PAST POST TO CONSIDER: Colombian Fruit
• FROM THE WORD: “As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” 1 Peter 4:10
• Some pictures from the week:
Thanks for keeping up with us. We’d love to hear from you… just comment, message or email us to let us know how we can pray for you. May God bless!
Check out the following time-lapse video made in Colombia.
It is a beautiful country, no doubt. But it is a country filled with people who still need to hear the true Gospel message!
I am more convinced than ever that God wants to do a great work for His name.
The door is open.
The time is now.
We’ve got to take action.
What part will you have?